Monday, November 3, 2014

It's a wonderful life

A movie that I would like to talk about has been one of my favorites since I was a little. It's a Wonderful Life is an ageless movie directed by frank Capra in 1946. The movie is based on a man named George Bailey, who resides in Bedford Falls, where he has lived since he was a little boy.  George marries his high school sweetheart and raises a family.

When things go extremely wrong at the bank George works at, he contemplates suicide. Standing on the edge of a bridge, George is met by an angel named Clarence who shows him what life would have been like without him, and it's a nightmare. Through these visions, George realizes how much his life did indeed matter, and how much his actions throughout his life affected and saved others. George pleads with Clarence to end the awful visions and to go back to the life he had lived.

After begging for his life, George's wish is granted and he is able to return home where he is greeted with love from his family and almost everyone in the town who has been positively affected by his life. George is awakened and feels like a new man who has been given a second chance at life, a life that he will never take for granted again.

1 comment:

  1. The movie, It's a Wonderful Life, to me is an example of something you continue to like if you were around when it was first out. My parents talk about it all the time and how it is a great movie. Once I watched the movie, I did not understand why they they were talking so high about it. I did not see it as any better than other movies that a similar to it. Ill bring up another example about this that might be a better way of explaining it. When it comes to the james bond movies, my parents and older brothers each have their own favorite James Bond movie and person who played him. I myself like Pierce Brosnan as Bond more than other actors who play him. My family members each like their own as well and this is because the movies with those actors came out during a time that their minds were more able to be influenced by outside sources and materials. That is why the those movies were there favorite instead of newer ones. So, to me, it all depends on when you watch the movies in your lifetime because you are more capable of being influenced at a younger age than an older one.

    ReplyDelete